Declaration of Principles
What We Believe
The following Declaration of Principles is published to the world by the First Society of State Spiritualists of Kansas, not as a creed binding on the conscience of the individual, but as the consensus of a majority of our members, and in accordance with American Spiritualists in general, on the fundamental teaching of Spiritualism.
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
- We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression & living in accordance therewith constitute a philosophy of life or true religion.
- We affirm that the existence & personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
- We affirm that communication with the so called dead & other spiritual beings is a fact proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them.“
- We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals. They make their own happiness or unhappiness as they obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul, here or hereafter.
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy & Healing, contained in the Bible continue through Spiritualism.